wedding inspiration

d3daae9dfcf4cfab650852b0b9eabbab

{image via once wed}

For something a little different today, I thought that I would share a little of my inspiration for our upcoming wedding. We are tying the knot at the end of May at a chateau outside of Versailles, France, and I seriously cannot wait. Having never been the girl who dreamt of my wedding from an early age, I am surprising myself by how much I am thoroughly enjoying the planning process, furiously pinning away stunning, breathtaking images of other weddings that inspire me. More than anything though, I hope what comes across at our wedding is that it is a celebration – of the once in a lifetime love we have found in each other, the gratitude we have for our families and the boundless affection we have for our friends.

I would love to hear any bits of planning advice you may have!

5dca70a42f7eaf59784ea6d43e2f70a5

{image via snippet & ink}

bfc057d7d05a9899debde7fbd9e393c9

{image via once wed}

ca22943a9ad65da40c05864ccf1e550b

{image via style me pretty}

7d4661e3cdaa33f79f922406fe80867f

{image via a crimson kiss}

LETTERING RESOURCES_1

{image via besotted}

This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to wedding inspiration

1. How exciting and I know your wedding will be absolutely perfect.

Thank you so much Suzanne! I am actually trying to curb my inner control freak and just let things go. Hopefully everything will come together! I am also being slightly overly ambitious and doing my own flowers. We shall see how that turns out! 🙂

2. andmorefood says:

a chateau near one of the most beautiful places on earth! it will be gorgeous and lovely and I hope you continue sharing it with us (:

3. lena says:

What incredible inspiration–it’s going to be stunning!

4. I know your wedding will be exquisite and you will be absolutely beautiful. Also hope you share some of it with us. (And isn’t that eucalyptus bouquet the most lovely thing ever?)

Thank you so much! I know – love the simplicity of the eucalyptus bouquet – I am actually going to attempt to do my own flowers, so will rely on simple bouquets like this! 🙂 xoxo

I’m very envious! We eloped!

We definitely considered elopement too. I am sure your elopement was special and memorable – there is something so romantic about it just being the two of you. Lovely. xoxo

• chef mimi says:

actually… it was very special. we were living in different states, and had only known each other two months after meeting at a workshop of sorts. we met at LAX, flew to Mauai together, found someone to marry us, had a lovely honeymoon, and now it’s almost been 32 years! we both had crappy families, though. the wedding would have been miserable.
        my daughter, on the other hand, had a fabulous wedding. weddings can certainly be beautiful and special when you’re surrounded by the right people! Can’t wait to see photos…

6. ladyredspecs says:

When we married in the 70s, hippy was chic. Our wedding was very down to earth but has weathered the test of time. Blessing for a wonderful day and future together!!💞

Wow, you’re getting married in a château in France! How wonderful! And so romantic! I have a friend who does wedding photography, she is often featured on Style me pretty (you can check out her site: http://www.ariellephoto.com/ ). Is it hard to plan a wedding from overseas?

Oooh thank you Darya – your friend takes absolutely stunning photos! We actually already have a photographer lined up (one of the few vendors that are actually locked down!) It’s been a little tough planning a wedding from the US – we won’t be able to go to France beforehand, so we won’t see the venue beforehand or taste the food – it has actually forced me to be less of a control freak! We have engaged a fantastic partial wedding coordinator, Ophelie Tronchet at Alliance Par Fete, who has been nothing short of amazing! Don’t know what we would have done without her…Hope you are well! xoxo

8. On the day, during the reception, you and your darling should take a step away from your guests and view everyone from a small distance, just for a few minutes and take a photograph in your mind. I did this and the picture I hold in my memory is different from all the photographs and extra special because I almost feel myself standing there again, looking at all our friends and family.

Oooh what a lovely, romantic idea. I love it! I think seeing all of these loved ones in one room will be absolutely overwhelming. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory. xoxo

9. Congratulations!! What a dream to get married in France! It’s going to be lovely…

10. This might be a little forward, but can I come? Kidding (sort of). How incredible! I’m SO excited for you – it’s going to be amazing, I just know it!!