southampton

Southampton10I apologize for the lack of food posts around here – I have simply been too busy living.  Two weekends ago, we found ourselves in gorgeous Southampton and Sag Harbor to attend one of the most beautiful, poignant weddings I have ever experienced. While we were there, we had just a bit of time to explore the town and dip our toes into the Atlantic. This area was not only visually stunning, but felt steeped in history and a certain charming Americana. I can completely understand why for centuries Manhattanites have fled the scorching city on weekends for a calming refuge here, by the sea.

Southampton1

Southampton2

Southampton3

Southampton6

Southampton5

Southampton7

Southampton8

Southampton9

This entry was posted in Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to southampton

1. I love the Hamptons, just beautiful.

2. A.Castro says:

Such a wonderful trip! Looking forward to spending more summers out there. The beaches are all time.

Yes FSM! We need to get out there again sometime soon for a week, and really get to know the beaches and the charming towns…And stay at a place that is not Bates Motel-esque! xoxo

3. Theresa says:

Your pictures are lovely! I’ve never been to the Hamptons, but I’d love to sometime. These pictures are exactly the way I’ve imagined it.

Thank you Theresa! I had always had a vision in my mind of what the Hamptons would look like, likely based on movies and novels, and I must say, it really matched that vision in person. Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your kind words! xoxo

4. Brittany says:

Great pictures Lindsay!! Especially those bloody marys… I’m suddenly thirsty!

Thank you so much Brittany! Those bloody marys were fantastic – perfect amount of horseradish, which is key! 🙂 Hope you’re doing well – let’s all get together again soon! xoxo

5. These photographs are beautiful, you make a trip to the Hamptons very tempting!

6. andmorefood says:

a great, dreamy set of photos!

What a beautiful post Lindsay. I’ve never been to Southampton but the scenery is just divine. Such beautifully dreamy colours… wish I could visit (argh, why are you so far away?!). Glad that the weddings were beautiful too. You must be getting excited… when have you guys planned the date for? Aaron and I celebrate our second anniversary in four weeks. I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed. Hope you’re well beautiful. I haven’t visited nearly enough in recent months… so sorry, life has been a bit crazy on my end too. Hugs xoxo

Thank you Laura! Our wedding is set for May 27, 2014 in France! Crazy! It always felt like worlds away, and now I am realizing that it is quickly approaching, and that there is still so much to do! But I REFUSE to turn into an overly stressed bridezilla! 🙂 Congratulations on your second anniversary – I hope you do something lovely to celebrate! xoxo