cheeseburgers and s’mores at tomales bay oyster company

PointReyes16

This past weekend we made our annual pilgrimage to Tomales Bay Oyster Company to celebrate Father’s Day a week early.  When we arrived around 11, the place was teeming with people, families and friends celebrating the beautiful {mid 80s!} weather we were experiencing.  We ate, drank, slurped oysters, wandered around the bay, waded in the water to cool down, played with the dogs and just relaxed.  What I love about this place is the timelessness of it.  I can imagine other families and friends venturing here to escape from the city in their Model-Ts in the twenties, dipping their feet in the bay to cool down.

The Tomales Bay Oyster Company is really, in many ways, a glorified park in a beautiful setting.  They provide the picnic benches, grills, the oysters, the music and the general delightful ambiance, and you provide everything else.   In addition to a dozen “golden nugget” oysters {I prefer my oysters as small as possible} with homemade mignonette sauce, we also feasted on a cheese and charcuterie platter, marinated and grilled artichokes, grilled corn “elote” style with queso fresco, cayenne and lime {I am slightly obsessed}, cheeseburgers with avocado, bacon and homemade tomato jam {recipe to come}, and s’mores.  For the s’mores, I made these marshmallows, and sandwiched them between honey graham crackers from Miette and TCHO dark and milk chocolates.  Infinitely better {and slightly more grown up} than the campfire s’mores of my childhood.

PointReyes10

PointReyes26

PointReyes24

PointReyes25

Smore2

PointReyes19

PointReyes27

This entry was posted in Lifestyle. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to cheeseburgers and s’mores at tomales bay oyster company

1. Fabulous photos. Looks like a great place to visit as well. 🙂

Beautiful! I love your little French bulldog, so, so cute! What a beautiful, fun day that must have been, Lindsay! I have never eaten s’mores (hmm now that I think of it, I haven’t eaten a marshmallow in… many years), but it looks like an exciting thing to make on an outside fire!

Thank you Darya! I guess there is something so quintessentially Americna about s’mores! But, they are decadent and delicious – and outdoor grills and picnics in the summertime just aren’t the same without them! You should give hem a try! 🙂

3. Bryan Alexander Clurman says:

A lovely day! Crab short and oysters reminiscent of Cape Cod in fact. S’mores were a great touch of nostalgia top it all off! Perfectly done.

Thank you Bryan! Although I have never been to Cape Cod, I imagine it would be quite similar! Thank you for your kind words – had a great time with you guys!

4. ladyredspecs says:

You sure know how to make a picnic! Looks wonderful

Thank you so much! I have re-discovered how wonderful picnics are on a warm summer day – there is nothing like eating great food and sipping on wine outdoors…love it! xo

5. Looks like a character-filled place to go for a picnic and the food all looks so incredibly delicious! Thanks for sharing your day out.

6. Oh how beautiful, the food looks amazing, it’s so sunny and clear and the water is gorgeous and your little Frenchie is so adorable. Fun day!

7. Beautiful! Everything looks so lovely!

8. Sika says:

Wow, your photos are so great, they make me want to be there!

Aw, Lindsay. You take such beautiful pictures. I always feel like I’ve escaped to another place for a little while after visiting Fleur de Sel 🙂 It sounds like you guys had a beautiful day at Tomales Bay. The entire picnic looks beautiful, especially the elote (I share the obsession!) and those juicy, beautiful hamburgers with homemade chutney (yum! Can’t wait for the recipe). This might sound silly, but I’m also in love with those crab-motif pants. So awesome! Thanks for sharing this beautiful day with us. Sending you a hug, hoping you’re well! xo

Thank you so much Laura – your kind words absolutely made my day! OF COURSE you share my obsession for elote – I think we are actually the same person in so many ways! And I too loved the crab motif shorts – they were worn by my sister’s bf Bryan who brought his A-game fashion wise – he is from the east coast, and his shorts were very appropriate for the occasion. Hope you’re doing well! xoxo

• laurasmess says:

Haha, I definitely agree! I think we’d get on beautifully if we had the opportunity to meet up one day! And in regards to the crab motif shorts… so appropriate for the day! I want to get some for Aaron now, though I think he’s a little less fashion forward than Bryan. He’d probably look at me quizzically, and say “Uh, crabs?”. I can just imagine it! Hugs xo

Haha – my fiancé would react exactly the same as your Aaron! 🙂 Gotta love them for it! xoxo