gnocchi belli – a collection of beautiful gnocchi recipes

In case you haven’t noticed, I am slightly obsessed with gnocchi.  Done poorly, and it’s a frightful, stodgy mess.  Done well, it is light, pillowly and, when paired with the right sauce, nearly transcendent.  I always used to think that it was virtually impossible to do gnocchi well in my own home, but I have since discovered that, like many culinary adventures, one really does improve with practice.  Knowledge of how the dough should look and feel is not something that can be easily conveyed in a recipe, but it is something that you start to learn in your bones, like an old Italian grandmother.  It becomes second nature.  So far, I have experienced tremendous success courtesy of this wonderful recipe and a potato ricer, which I personally believe is essential for good gnocchi.  I thought I would showcase a collection of recipes that are currently inspiring me.  Buon appetito!

Gnocchi-in-Tomato-Broth

{gnocchi in tomato broth from smitten kitchen}

Gnocchi-Tater-Tots

{gnocchi tater tots from food and wine}

Broccoli-Gnocchi

{gnocchi with broccoli and parmesan cream sauce from bbcgoodfood}

Gnocchi-Carbonara

{gnocchi with pastrami ragu from foodandwine}

Grapefruit-Gnocchi

{gnocchi with grilled grapefruit and asparagus from a spicy perspective}

Gnocchi-with-Ragu

{crispy gnocchi with pistachio pesto from half baked harvest}

TruffleGnocchi16

{gnocchi with wild mushrooms and truffle oil from fleurdeselsf}

Gorgonzola-Gnocchi

{gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce and toasted walnuts from fleurdeselsf}

This entry was posted in Recipe Collection. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to gnocchi belli – a collection of beautiful gnocchi recipes

1. Those all looks wonderful!

Beautiful photos! Beautiful gnocchi!

3. chefconnie says:

I can understand why you are obsessed with gnocchi. Me too!

4. Gnocchi are my favorite type of pasta, I could eat them just about every day and all of the photo’s make me want to do just that!

Ooh, that’s hard. I am not sure I can pick a favorite pasta – I love them all! I think Italy is one place where I could live for the rest of my life and not get sick of eating pasta every single day. Yum…

5. Wonderful inspiration! And I hear you, Lindsay, how can one not be a little bit obsessed with gnocchi? They are like little pillows of potato heaven =)

Hope all is well, beauty! xo

Yuuuum! I absolutely adore gnocci. I’ve only made them once (and it took hours!) but nothing beats home-made pasta! Thanks for shaing all of these gorgeous gnocci ideas. I’m especially keen on the gorgonzola and walnut version… looks incredible. I might try it with sage as well xo

Haha – the first time I made gnocchi it took me about 3 hours, my entire kitchen was covered in floor, and the gnocchi were disgusting and stodgy. I think it’s all about finding the right recipe, and investing in a potato ricer! Now it takes me hardly any time at all! Best of luck in your future gnocchi endeavors. Oh, and I love the idea of sage! xo

7. I really like your “taste” in food! Great inspiration. 🙂

8. Reblogged this on Haute Mom Living and commented:
    gets me in the mood for Italy!