radishes with butter and salt

Radish14

As a follow up to the post about freshly churned butter, I thought I would share a few ideas of how to showcase homemade butter with the respect it deserves.  I immediately thought of radishes.  Only the French would be so bold, yet cheekily whimsical, to pair peppery radishes with creamy butter, and it is a brilliant combination.  I simply sliced a baguette, buttered one side with a healthy amount of butter, topped with sliced radishes and garnished with extra fleur de sel.  A perfect appetizer to serve during cocktail hour.

Additional pictures continued after the jump…

Radish11

Radish10

Radish13

Radish9

Radish12

Radish15

Radish16

Radish17

Radish18

Radish19

This entry was posted in Recipes. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to radishes with butter and salt

Are you French? I’ve never known anyone else who ate them this way! So so good!

Miam (as we say in France). I adore radishes eaten with butter and fleur de sel. THE best way to eat them! 🙂

3. Maggie Sause says:

These look so deliciously fresh and flavorful! I love the photography in this post as well… it makes me yearn for spring!

4. My French Heaven says:

Simply perfect! The pictures are incredible too!

5. looks so simply wonderful…this is my boyfriends favorite “after work snack”, but he would eat radishes for breakfast if i let him…cant imagine if i gave him homemade butter….looks so lovely as always…sarah

6. LaurenG says:

I love the photos and colors! I recently made a ghetto version of that amazing quinoa salad we had in Paris – I used cous cous (all I had on hand), edamame and of course radishes! B loved it.

Hi sweet Bodes! Thank you for your sweet comment – these radishes were beauties and so much fun to photograph! Ooh – I love that you reminded me of that salad in Paris – will have to try to recreate that as well! Love you!

7. Anne says:

How interesting! Never had radishes on a buttered baguette before. So simple but yet elegant. Beautiful photos as always Lindsay. Thanks for posting!

8. Pingback: Radish and Butter Crostini « Uni Homemaker

9. petit4chocolatier says:

You and Anne are inspiring! Homemade butter and this…, yummy! I am going to purchase radishes and a baguette now. I will have to use store bought butter though 😦

10. Lovely dish here, a great way to use all my garden radishes. Thanks for sharing!